Image Map

Organizing Your Alphabet Activities

Hi friends!  It's Amanda from Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten here with you today.  I have a quick tip for you about organizing your alphabet activities.


Each year I spend two days for each letter at the beginning of the year.  We focus on forming the letter correctly, learning the name and sound, and of course do our Heidisong songs for the letters.  I use many different resources for this time and it was hard to keep them all straight.

I decided to change up how I keep track of all these resources.  Here is my new Alphabet binder:



I bought a white binder and added this cute new binder cover.  (You can grab it here for free!)

Then I went to Staples and bought these tab dividers.


I put all my resources together and separated them by letter.


The best part about this is that later on when I have a student who is struggling with their letters and sounds I can pull out just the resources they need for the letters they are struggling with.

Here is an example of one of the many activities in my binder.  This was a freebie on the blog Over the Big Moon.  Grab this freebie here.



I will have a post on my blog soon about interventions I use for students who do not know their letters and what I do to help them.

I hope you enjoy these freebies and that they are useful to you in your kindergarten classroom.



4 comments:

  1. Um using those A-Z for an to organize your alphabet resources is so genius!! I'll be stealing that tip if I ever get around to organizing my resources! lol

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is such a great idea!! My alphabet activity sheets are stuffed in a manila folder right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love those colourful A-Z dividers! I didn't know they had those. Those are a new must-have for me. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Brittany Weidlich
    Lovely Literacy and More

    ReplyDelete