Image Map

Feature Friday: Allie from The Positive Teacher

Hi Kinder Tribe Friends! It's Friday which means that it is time for another Feature Friday! Every Friday we will be featuring a member of the Kinder Tribe and they will be sharing their expertise with us!
I am so excited to introduce you to Allie from The Positive Teacher! She just moved to the area that I live in and so I am so excited to become real life friends soon! Take it away Allie! 


Hello Kinder Tribe!  I'm Allie and I blog at The Positive Teacher.   I am so excited to be the Feature Friday to share about new beginnings and how to be a connected educator.

As we are preparing for back to school, many of us are changing roles.  Some of us might be in a different district, school, grade level, or position.  This year I am moving from Ohio to North Carolina to teach full day Kindergarten.  I spent the past 2 years teaching in my hometown, but am so excited for a new chapter in my teaching career.

ATTITUDE


Whether you are facing change by choice or not, embrace it.  Sometimes change can lead to something unexpectedly great.  There are many times where things did not work out how I expected, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience.  The most important aspect of any change in your career is to be there for your students.  They need you at your best!  A positive attitude goes a long way.

COLLABORATING

I love collaborating and learning from others.  When teachers work together, it benefits the students.  If you are a new staff member, make the effort to get to know your team and other staff members.  I am looking forward to meeting my team and assistant.  

CONNECTED EDUCATOR 

                                                    
 For educators in any role.  We blog monthly and comment on each other's posts.  Each tribe member has various experiences, which is great when seeking feedback.
    
For North and South Carolina teachers.  Looking forward to meeting more teachers in my geographical area.  It is important to me that I connect with my community.
For Kindergarten Teachers. 

Other ways to connect with educators online:
-Teacher blogs
-Twitter
-Instagram
-Periscope
-Facebook groups

Enjoy your weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing ways to connect! I am new to the blogging world, and I find it so exciting when I find new teachers to learn from!


    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete