Image Map

Fall Fun CGI




Hello Kinder Tribe Friends! This is Meghan from Meghan's Pad. Are you having a hard time starting your CGI groups?  Do your kiddos long for math group?  Do you Kinders want to practice CGI during independent time?  Well, I am able to answer yes to all of these questions!

Wait, what?  I for one was having a hard starting my math groups this year.  I wanted group time to be fun, engaging, and something that the children would want to come to.  After much thought, I came up with the perfect solution.....CGI games!

My kiddos now love math group AND ask to play this game during free choice!

This is how it works:

You have the choice of 3 different game boards AND 3 different levels of cards.  Since our focus this month was on addition, the game cards are only join result unknown (JRU), but each set focuses on different sums (to 10, crossing the decade, and to 20).

During group, I call the kiddos to my table.  Player 1 goes first by picking a card.  We read the card together and everyone solves the math story (I make sure to have cubes, whiteboards, fun counters, etc.).  Once everyone has solved the math story, Player 1 says there answer.  If someone got a different answer we talk about how we solved it, and then solve it together.  If Player 1 got the answer correct, they roll the die and move that many spaces.  The game continues with each player picking a card and solving the math story.

If you are interested in the game, you can pick it up for free here.

Here are a few pictures of the game.  I hope you all enjoy!  What do you do to engage and encourage problem solving in math?

 






No comments:

Post a Comment