Image Map

What Worked Well Wednesday: Visual Directions


How many times have you given directions and then right after a student asks, "What are we supposed to do?"

I am hear to share with you what works in my room to keep this from happening!


I needed something so we could avoid this happening.  As a result, I created some visual directions that I use for every activity.  This way I avoid the dread "What are we supposed to do?"

While I am giving directions, I put up each picture and then leave them up on the board during the activity.


Now when a student asks what to do I just point to the board.  It eliminates my students asking this question over and over again as well as my frustration from answering the same question multiple times.

If you would like to grab your own FREE visual directions, just click on the picture below.


We would love to hear what is working well in your classroom?  Link up with us below and make sure to use our W.W.W.W. graphic from the top of this post.


1 comment:

  1. I love this! I did this a couple of years ago (because I had a class that really NEEDED it!) They weren't this cute though. Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete