I got most of these things at the Target or Bed Bath and Beyond's travel section. As I was in the check out line last week, the cashier asked me if I was going on a trip! I just said yes, because I didn't want to explain that I am a weirdo teacher who likes to be over-prepared for any possible situation that might arise!
So what all is in the box?
#1 - Things to help you stay pretty...
1. Lint roller - adios dog hair!
2. Hairspray - get back in the bun!
3. Wrinkle Release - if you guys have not tried this yet, it is amazing! I use it almost everyday because I'm lazy and I hate ironing.
4. Lotion - who doesn't have at least 10 of these bottles lying around as gifts given to you at Christmas/Valentine's Day/Teacher's Appreciation Day/Your Birthday/etc.?
5. Tide pen - another one of those if you haven't tried it, you need to!!!
6. Nail file - I bite my nails, I don't need this, but I'm sure all the classy ladies out there do : )
7. Hair Ties - No more using a rubber band when your hair tie breaks!
8. Bobby Pins - get back in the bun #2!
9. Safety Pins - The one thing standing between you and indecent exposure on some days.
#2 - Things to protect yo' self with...
1. Sunblock - surprise assembly outside at 1pm? No problem!
2. Lip Balm - Mango and Acai are my favorite Burt's Bees.
3. Off! - Anyone else have a recent mosquito problem at their school?
4. Floss - Shouldn't have brought that spinach dip for lunch.
5. - Band-Aid Friction Block - AMAZING! Starting to feel a blister coming on? Rub this on the spot, and voila! No blisters!
#3 - If you only bring in 4 things...
2. Headache Medicine - Of course I'd love for you to sing me "Let it Go" again...
3. Ibuprofen - a.k.a - I'm getting too old to participate in field day.
4. Breath Mints (see above mentioned spinach dip)
#4 - The unmentionables...(The things other teachers whisper ask for)
1. Tampons - Bring on the khakis!
2 & 3 Tums and Anti-diarrhea medicine - no explanation needed...
4. Deodorant - Field day/Observation/Field Trip/The month of August
That's it folks! That's what I keep in my emergency supply kit. I make sure to have plenty of everything, because all of the teachers in my school know that I have the goods, and I am constantly getting little student ambassadors sent to my room to ask for emergency items! : )
What other things do you like to keep at school? What do I need to add to my obsessive pile?